Why do people wear hoodies to the gym? Because they want to look like Rocky climbing the steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art? Could be. Maybe they like starting a workout in a hoodie because they warm up faster. What about us self-conscious types who don’t want anyone to see our body—ever—but still want to hit the gym? Hoodies help with that, sure.
There are a zillion reasons hoodies have been popular gym dress for decades, but the simplest answer is so often the right one: hoodies are damn comfortable, and working out isn’t. Whether you’re looking for something rugged enough to handle heavy weight lifting or you want a lightweight style that you don’t even notice, these are the best gym hoodies you can buy.
- Rhone Essentials Training Hoodie, $88
- Champion Reverse Weave, $65
- Russell Athletic Men’s Hoodie, $25
- NoBull Arctic Pullover, $139
- Reigning Champ Lightweight Terry Hoodie, $145
- Alo Highline Hoodie, $118
- Uniqlo Sweat Pullover, $50
- Outdoor Voices CloudKnit Hoodie, $88
- Everlane The Track Hoodie, $78
- Lululemon Relaxed Fit Training Hoodie, $99
- Nike Therma-FIT ADV A.P.S., $155